About Me

My photo
A Muslim converts journey to conversion and life since.

Monday, October 24, 2011

The name behind the blog.


Salam,
Before I became Muslim I was always looking to the clouds.. Staring at them; the contrast between beautiful blue skies and white puffy clouds. When I am having a bad day, I look up, because God made them so beautiful for us to enjoy and appreciate. Some days there are none, some days they are grey and scary. I like both kinds or none at all.
But seriously, months before I converted I started looking at the clouds every morning on my way to work.. I always felt a sense of peace, like the clouds are a comfort zone, a safety blanket. In a way they do work like that. They offer us some protection from the hot sun. They offer kids shapes in the sky, and sometimes rain or snow. subhan'Allah, how amazing clouds are!!
In that time of looking to the clouds, I stared... using it to think about my life, my religion, where I was in life. I was not eating pork about 3-4 yrs prior, I was not eating shell fish and certain types of fish, and i was drinking, but it wasn't all the time or how the "typical" "christian" american is labeled. I do use the term Christian loosely.
When I get more time in a few weeks I will blog more.
Love and Salam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Locations of Site Visitors